Symposium on Hiring Veterans
When: Monday, September 26th, 2011 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Hosting: Alpha is a national veterans disability advocacy firm serving veterans applying for service connected disability benefits.
What will be covered: Experts from the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and the Department of Labor will discuss:
• Incentives for hiring veterans
• Resources for locating veterans
• Tax benefits of continued employment of veterans
• And more!
Guest Speakers will include:
• Connecticut Lt. Governor Nancy Wyman
• Craig Hoekenga, CEO, Microboard Processing, Inc
• Terrence “Terry” Brennan, Director, Office for Veterans Workforce Development, Department of Labor
• David Lissy, CEO Bright Horizons
• Joe Berardo, CEO of MagnaCare
• Carlo Leone, State Senator, Chair of the Veterans Committee
Attendees will include:
• Members of Connecticut’s Legislative delegation
• State government leaders
• Members of the media
• Industry leaders
In addition to the structured presentation there will be opportunities to talk with government and industry leaders about hiring veterans. Lunch will be provided. Please join us to help address this critical challenge.
The event will be hosted at Alpha’s corporate headquarters at 19 Forest Parkway in Shelton, CT.
View Alpha in a larger map
Note: All representation coordinated by Alpha is provided by our employees, the Advocates, who are accredited by the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). No private organization that trains and employs accredited agents has been legally recognized by the VA for the purposes of preparation, presentation, and prosecution of claims. This work must be done by the Advocates themselves and not organizations.